Valentine's Day in the Claremont Village
Updated: Feb 14, 2020
Valentine's Day is right around the corner and so is Parent's Weekend at the Claremont Colleges! To make this your best weekend yet, we've put together a quick guide on where to eat, where to shop and where to find the best deals, this Valentine's Day weekend.
1. Dining in the Claremont Village is an absolute must on Valentine's Day weekend. It's home to world class bakeries, gourmet shops and cozy restaurants that'll impress your dinner date! Classic favorites like Aruffo's Italian Cuisine, Uno Tre Otto, Tutti Mangia and Viva Madrid are tucked away in hidden places of the Claremont Village, which will make you feel like you've traveled elsewhere.
2. Claremont Village is also home to specialty shops like the Cheese Cave, or newly opened We Olive & Wine Bar. These shops offer one-of-a-kind delectable finds that would make for a perfect picnic at the park.
3. Looking for sweets for your sweetheart? You'll find the freshest baked goods at places like Crème Bakery and Some Crust Bakery or personal pies from I Like Pie Bakeshop . Looking for traditional and fine chocolates? Pop into A-Kline Chocolatier, a local chocolate shop that's been around for 40 years. And of course, don't forget those giant chocolate covered strawberries from Bert & Rocky's Cream Co!
3. Looking for a gift that'll last forever? 4 C's Finecraft Jewelers and The Diamond Center are our local family owned jewelers that have been around for over 40 years!
4. Don't forget about the men! Men's specialty shops like Stix Rideshop, will bring him back to childhood or upgrade his look by stopping by Xerxes for Gents or getting him a gift certificate to The Statesman or Stay Gold Barbershop. Sneaker heads will love Authentix Sneaker Boutique.
5. Looking for something to wear? Good thing Claremont is home to multiple boutiques on end. Find contemporary women's wear at Amelie on Yale, or fun date night or girls night out outfits at The Grove Vintage. Give back while you shop at The Giving!
6. If you're looking something for your besties, you've got to check out Ronnie M. Layering Bar, for unique handmade jewelry by Ronnie herself, The Hens' Kitchen Shoppe, all things kitchen and home goods and Rio de Ojas, a unique gift shop with Latin flare.
7. Looking for something FREE? Good thing the Claremont Village is walkable with beautiful sights at every corner. Visit Claremont Heritage so you can find out about the historical sights of Claremont or just sit Shelton Park and people watch.
Lastly, three day weekends mean special offers and discounts! See below for special offers from local Claremont Village merchants.
Aromatique Skin & Body Care: "Sweet" Heart special, your choice of 55 minute Valentine's Day Facial or Swedish Massage for $74 (between February 13 and February 17.)
Amelie on Yale: Offering a BOGO event! Buy any regular priced clothing, jewelry or fragrance item and get the second item for 30% off. Take advantage of this for the leading lady in your life, whether it's mom, sister, daughter, partner or bestie! (From Valentine's Day through President's Day.)
The Grove Vintage: 30% off any one item for Five Star Rewards Members, stop by or follow to become a member!
Rio de Ojas: Take 20% off all jewelry and/or sweet treats purchase of $30. You also get a free Taza Mexican Chocolate with a purchase of a Viva Chocolate!" cookbook.
Tintura Color Salon: offering Treatment Packages for $55, a Sparkle & Shine Package for $88 and a 3 Blow Dry Styles with Moisture Treatments for $99!
The Quarter Creole: is offering a special 3-course Valentine's Day Dinner for $95